NEWSTEAD WATER FUTURES – Sustainable water options for communities and the environment at a time of climate change
A COMMUNITY FORUM featuring:
Gavin Hanlon – Managing Director of Coliban Water
Phil Dyson – Regional hydrogeologist and groundwater expert
Juliet Le Feuvre – Healthy Rivers Campaigner with Environment Victoria
Newstead Community Centre Tuesday 19th May (7 for a 7.30pm start)
The forum will consider issues such as:
· What is the current state of water supply and demand in Central Victoria?
· What do global warming scenarios predict for future water availability?
· How are our water utilities planning for a future where demand is increasing and supply threatened by drought and climate change?
· What are the implications for maintaining the health of water dependent ecosystems such as our precious Loddon River?
· What is happening to our local aquifers and current resources of groundwater?
· What can we do as a community to explore sustainable water options for farming, rivers and people?
RSVP via email to email@example.com or 54762593
The forum is an initiative of Newstead 2021